RF IC Packaging Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Apr 1, 2021
Role Number: 200201428
Do you like to work on groundbreaking technologies that enable amazing new products? Do you have the attention for details and love for perfection to work towards an extraordinary result? We are looking for a talented and passionate RF Packaging Design Engineer. You will be responsible for RFIC packaging design, development and new product introduction for programs requiring RF SIP module packaging and substrate-based RFIC packaging. Looking for individuals who are innovative, creative, driven, and work well within the team.
- Typically requires at least 7+ years of experience in RF/Microwave Packaging Design, Process and Technology Development, and New Product Introduction. Hands-on experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge and experience in high volume RFIC packaging, SIP Module packaging, single die packaging and heterogeneous package integration, familiar with different assembly technologies for RF package and related characterization.
- Strong understanding of relationship between materials/assembly process and package performance
- Working knowledge of substrate stack-up to achieve design objectives.
- Understanding of substrate manufacturing processes and how they impact substrate design performance.
- Familiarity with RF design concepts and its relation to mechanical, assembly process and reliability.
- Experience in design/layout tape out process and DFM procedure.
- Strong IC packaging materials background including characterization and failure analysis.
- Problem solver with strong engineering physics. Willing to tackle tough problems.
- Ability to work independently and work with multi-functional teams.
- Proven track record working with internal teams or vendors to execute introduction of new packaging and technology solutions or resolving technical issues.
Work with design and system teams to help define package structure, component placement, layout routing studies. Lead multi-functional teams and drive package integration efforts, package and enabling technology development. Work with vendors to bring IC packaging solutions from concept to mass production. Conduct and approve packaging proposals, designs, schematics, process flows, risk assessments, technical specifications, reliability requirements, data collection, and analysis.
Education & Experience
Bachelors required in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or Physics and relevant experience within technical discipline. MS or higher degree preferred.
Back to top