Posted: Oct 24, 2018
Role Number: 200002949
We are looking for a dynamic engineer to characterize and mitigate RF receiver desensitization for numerous wireless technologies in Apple products that millions of people will use worldwide. You would be part of a team of Desense Engineers, working on radiated sensitivity performance optimization of Cellular, BT, WiFi, and GPS radios with a focus on identifying and mitigating system level desensitization due to digital and analog aggressor sub-systems.
- Experience with typical digital and analog aggressor sub-systems deployed in consumer electronic products along with knowledge of techniques for debugging to reduce their impact on radio receivers
- Ability to review and improve RF, digital and analog submodule flexible and rigid PCBs, IC packages and substrate designs
- A technical understanding of one or more of the following radio technologies: cellular communication, WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS
- Hands on knowledge of general purpose RF test equipment and communication analyzers
- Working knowledge of conducted and radiated measurement methods
- Understanding of mixed-technology integrated circuits
- Familiarity with EMI/EMC and RF circuit design
- Working experience with mechanical, software, hardware, DFM, manufacturing engineering disciplines
- You are flex and dynamic preferring a fast paced work environment
- Willingness to travel to overseas manufacturing facilities to support builds from prototype phase to mass production
- We are passionate about strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- We are a dynamic team of engineers motivated by a "can do" attitude, to work as a phenomenal team on extraordinary products that millions will use.
You will plan and execute relevant tests to meet your objectives. - We spend a lot of time characterizing the effects on radio performance under stress conditions for expected use cases - Verifying practical design fixes or improvements with lab mock-ups and/or simulations along with driving design changes for follow on build cycles - Assess the impact of connection of accessories - Do you love producing detailed, accurate test and status reports? - Promote best practices which will increase success of future designs
Education & Experience
BS EE degree required, MS desired. Three or more years experience with consumer electronic products incorporating wireless connectivity with integrated antennas.
Back to top