Retail Online BPR (Business Process Reengineering) - Project Manager
- Austin, TX
Posted: Oct 19, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200150981
The people here at Apple don't just build products - we craft the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it! Our Retail Online BPR team is global and responsible for partnering cross functionally to deliver scalable, efficient, and customer centric processes and technology solutions to our global network of Call Center Specialists and Retail Customers. We are chartered with rethinking the ways we engage our Customers during the online shopping experience and the digital and in-person touchpoints we have throughout the journey! We are looking for an outstanding and multi-skilled Project Leader, with a demonstrable record of leading diverse and sophisticated projects from conception through implementation in either a Contact Center or e-Commerce landscape. The candidate selected for this role will be expected to traverse an array of project/program management skillsets including business analytics, process mapping and optimization, business requirement documentation, technical requirement generation, solution architecture, testing and evaluation of solutions, change management across the organization, and finally project retrospectives and close-out before moving on to the next improvement they'll tackle. The ideal candidate is an individual that is proactive, driven, and loves a fast paced and at times ambiguous environment where their work is helping clarify and set direction for the processes and technologies that they'll touch. We're looking for an excellent project leader, an innovator, a deep problem solver, a relationship builder, a superb communicator, a team builder, and someone who works comfortably within the details but without losing sight of the larger strategy we're driving. If this sounds like you, we'd love to talk with you! WHAT WE'LL EXPECT YOU BRING ON DAY 1: - A contagious level of passion and energy for the work that they deliver. - Superb communication across all levels of an organization, in both written and verbal formats. - Validated expertise in managing projects across the full project lifecycle (conceptualization through completion). - Experience with and comfortable working on global and/or regional scope initiatives while using either Waterfall and/or Agile project management methodologies. - A focus on implementing simple but lasting solutions. - A technical and analytical problem solving approach that stitches between their work and the broader strategy.
- Demonstrates ability to understand and explain sophisticated business processes, systems, and tools with a keen focus on upstream/downstream impact; includes building an understanding of the relationships between multiple functions, tools, and processes as part of their standard approach.
- Establishes relationships with multi-functional partners and is always viewed as a trusted advisor and partner.
- Interacts proficiently with a wide range of technical and business teams, and naturally adjusts their communications and messaging for their intended audience.
- Demonstrates an unwavering ability to maintain poise and a positive demeanor in an exciting and dynamic environment.
- Consistently challenges the status quo and proposes new and creative solutions.
- Is skilled in navigating an environment of ambiguity and uncertainty, making sound decisions for their teams, and can set direction in their work even when needed information or data may be missing or incomplete.
- Senses when direction may be unclear, and drives inquiries to gain clarity and move their team forward.
- Is forward thinking; able to see beyond the current state, identify risks/opportunities and drive their teams toward the desired objective.
- Demonstrates sustained top tier performance within a relevant field.
- Lead end to end implementation of multiple mid-to-large scale regional and/or global initiatives with overlapping timelines, on behalf of the Retail Online organization and partner teams. - Lead all phases of projects within their portfolio including; * project scope definition * resource forecasting and allocation * as-is and to-be process mapping * business requirement documentation * technical requirement creation * project timeline creation * project documentation * project communications (status, risks, scope changes, etc.) * change management * user/integration/production testing * project cutover/go-lives * retrospectives, and closeout - Be the voice of their body of work. Communicate effectively and openly to levels of leadership within the organization and drive discussions proactively when additional attention and focus is required. - Build strong relationships with partner teams both inside and outside of the organization and use these strengths to positively influence the direction of their portfolio. - Is a model teammate and uses their skills and talents to uplift the team. - Drive project centric discussions and deep dives with team members from diverse backgrounds and roles and use these discussions to focus efforts on the objectives of their defined body of work. - Strive for operational excellence by incorporating Apple's standard methodologies for Project Management, to ensure consistent delivery of quality business solutions. - Quickly become and serve as a resource and technical SME for Retail Online in the area where your project work takes you.
Education & Experience
Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant professional experience working within a product, project, or program management role. Must have experience working in a hands-on global role, with total ownership for driving initiatives in their portfolio. Demonstrable experience should include an interface role between business and technical teams. Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of the organization, whether with a peer or via a discussion with senior leadership. SAP end-user experience is desired (S4 HANA is a plus). Experience working with Contact Center and/or e-Commerce systems and technologies is a huge differentiator and is a preferred skillset. Bachelors, Masters, or MBA required. Certified PMP or Scrum Master a plus but not required.
Back to top