Retail Demand Planner
Posted: Mar 23, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200128390
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! We are a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually re-imagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other's ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. We are strengthening our team and we are seeking a Demand Planner to forecast consumer demand for finished goods.
- 5+ years experience in demand forecasting, preferably in a retail environment.
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Strong statistical/analytical skills with the ability to translate business analysis into strategy
- Self starter; able to assist in supporting a culture of teamwork, trust, and efficiency
- Ability to be a 'change agent' by continuously challenging existing systems and building upon them
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Able to exert tactful influence in a matrix organization
- Comfortable presenting to executive management
- MRP Expertise
- APICS, CPIM or IBF|CPF Certification a plus
- Exposure to Oracle Demantra and SAP desirable
In this exciting position, you will collaborate with key internal partners including merchandising, supply planners, and retail finance. You will also manage forecast parameters in the replenishment system to ensure accurate product replenishment for assigned products. In addition, you will: - Forecast consumer demand at multiple levels of aggregation using statistical and collaborative forecasting techniques - Prepare consumer and store demand data, conduct advanced data analytics to drive business decisions (Service Level, Velocity, Projected Inventory, etc) - Identify variances based on historical performance (MAPE & Bias) and anticipated future activities of assigned product - Create and publish detailed forecast and sales reporting during key events.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree required; MBA/Masters Degree in a related field is preferred.
Back to top