Rendering Performance Engineer
- Boulder, CO
Posted: Jul 10, 2020
Role Number: 200180575
The Technology Development Group is working on exciting new technologies. We are looking for a driven and dedicated rendering performance engineer. This team is building the core foundational platform for some of Apple's most advanced technologies including the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) support offered in ARKit, RealityKit and Metal. As part of our creative organization, you will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to craft future products that will delight and inspire millions of people every day.
- In-depth knowledge of GPU architecture, the 3D rendering pipeline and optimizing for various performance bottlenecks in both.
- Experience with analyzing and optimizing shader performance for different GPUs
- Experience with performance analysis tools and techniques to analyze rendering performance on both the CPU and GPU
- Very good systems programming in C, C++
The Technology Development Group is looking for an accomplished Rendering Performance Expert/Lead to help ensure that the next generation of interactive experiences for iOS will run with the best performance. You will collaborate with multiple teams cross-functionally to deliver incredible experiences for our customers. You will work on analyzing rendering performance of our software across different hardware architectures and help to design and implement software optimizations together with other teams. You will also recommend architectural changes at the GPU driver and hardware level to the GPU team based on findings. You will help support both internal and external clients of our software to help them get maximum performance out of our rendering. You will also help to write up rendering performance guidelines for different GPU architectures, for engineers across the organization. You will augment existing performance measurement and analysis tools and help design and implement new ones as needed. You will also help to maintain the performance of our software over time by debugging and fixing rendering performance regressions. This engineer is to be technically savvy, team oriented, creative, motivated, flexible, and driven to produce results.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/CE or equivalent experience is expected
- - Familiarity with Metal and iOS
- - Past work with optimizing AR/VR apps
- - Experience troubleshooting latency-critical software
- - Decent knowledge of operating systems (Compilers, memory management, thread scheduling, ..)
Back to top