Release Manager for Apple Retail Online
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 18, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200175336
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are looking for a Release Manager who embodies our core values. As a member of Retail Online team, you'll need to be well versed in the technical domains and know how to engage with a large, cross-functional team to design, develop, and release innovative products. You'll take the lead in owning the release and product lifecycle, which includes release plans, scheduling, coordinating, and managing releases across the enterprise for multiple products across various portfolios. You have strong critical thinking skills, be a self starter and excellent communicator, and possess a proven ability to build consensus across all levels.
- Top tier professional with 5-7+ years of release management experience.
- Foundational knowledge of online retail (eCommerce and iOS) business systems, processes, and technology.
- Ability to drive projects and programs to successful completion whether working solo or with large cross-functional teams.
- Ability to act as the glue that holds various project teams together with a clear understanding of what each team is delivering in each release, and how these results fit together.
- Facilitate and navigate teams through changes in features, priority, and scope.
- Identifies dependencies and technical risks that affect the various teams represented.
- Identifies and removes roadblocks to help teams to execute against their schedules.
- Supervise progress to plan and design a recovery strategy if project deviates from the baseline plan.
- Manage sprints, scheduling, and status reports.
- Conduct retrospectives on completed projects to support improvement to process, policy and tools.
- Exhibits strong technical, process management, and business orientation skills.
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Ability to interpret Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Functional Specification Design (FSD), and business process flow diagrams.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-resolution skills.
- Ability to track and measure critical metrics to report and influence organizational efficiency.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with preparing and making pitches to leadership, highlighting data patterns that could be useful for making critical business decisions.
- Efficient and organized, making the most of everyone's abilities and holding the team to a high standard.
- Exhibit a deeply curious mentality about new ideas.
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about Apple's core values.
You have an amazing track record of managing releases end to end, whether you are working a small- or large-scale, cross-functional project. Retail projects can be of varying types and sizes, so you'll also need to possess a solid understanding of various project management methodologies, and can flex between waterfall or agile approaches, bringing them all into a successfully and well-planned release. This position works with IT, Infrastructure, Product, Marketing, and Development teams to improve the overall Product Lifecycle processes associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating products and environments. This role requires a high attention to detail, and the ability to formulate effective cutover plans, as well as remediation and contingency plans. You will provide frequent communication to project teams and key partners while raising potential issues or key decisions needed to ensure a smooth delivery. You will be able to help with metrics that drive organizational efficiency. Most importantly, it's key to embody our core values, and to work with compassion for others.
Education & Experience
- Some travel may be required, both domestic and international.
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
Back to top