Posted: Sep 21, 2021
Role Number: 200006694
Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? As part of our Digital Design Engineering group, you'll take imaginative and revolutionary ideas and determine how to turn them into reality! You and your team will apply engineering fundamentals and start from scratch if needed, bringing forward-thinking ideas to the real world. You'll help design the tools that allow us to bring customers experiences they've never before imagined! You will join an exciting silicon design group that is responsible for designing state-of-the-art ASICs. We have an extraordinary opportunity for Register File Design Engineers to work on custom digital circuits to implement sophisticated circuit techniques to improve circuit performance, optimize dynamic/static power and support full bring up through productization.
- We are looking for applicants with circuit design experience in the CPU environment, including:
- Knowledge of high-performance low power circuit design.
- Experience developing Register File designs for low voltage and low power operating conditions.
- Knowledge of Verilog and/or VHDL, and experience with simulators and waveform debugging tools.
- Knowledge of industry standard circuit and design tools.
- Ability to conduct experiments during silicon debug, capturing and analyzing data; and utilize scripting to support efficient handling of ATE data.
- Efficient programming skills in languages like: SKILL, Perl, Python, TCL, Shell.
- Ability to provide automations for rapid and dynamic design needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with CAD to define and maintain design methodology flows and tools.
Imagine yourself at the center of our hardware development effort. Where you will collaborate with all fields, playing a strategic role of getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. You will have the opportunity to integrate and come-up with new insights, as well as work with a team of hardworking engineers. As a Register File Design Engineer for custom digital team, you will perform the following: • Working with logic/architecture team to capture specifications of Register Files and custom latch arrays. • Define architecture for optimized performance and yield. • Design and implement custom latch arrays and register file circuits. • Responsible for working with CAD team to implement automation flows and QA checks • Work with layout team to supervise the design. • Build and maintain memory compiler technologies to facilitate in creating memory arrays in large SoC designs.
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.