RealityKit Software Engineer
- Boulder, CO
Posted: Jun 16, 2020
Role Number: 200121236
Are you excited by the idea of building foundational technology that unlocks the creativity of Apple developers? Do you have an interest or passion for computer graphics or the Augmented Reality space? Do you enjoy working in highly collaborative environments with cross disciplinary teams? The RealityKit framework team inside the Technology Development Group (TDG) is seeking a passionate software engineer to help push our rendering and simulation technologies to the forefront of the Augmented Reality space. You will play a critical role in shaping of our public framework, while also contributing heavily to upcoming features that will enable Apple developers to build amazing and creative AR content and experiences.
- Knowledge of Apple UI Frameworks (e.g. AppKit, UIKit, and SwiftUI)
- Proficient in a systems programming language like C/C++, Objective-C, or Swift.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical teams.
The ideal engineer enjoys working in a collaborative and highly creative environment while exploring the rapidly evolving AR domain. You will work in a tight knit team which is focused on developing cutting-edge rendering technology within the RealityKit framework. As a framework engineer on our team, you will work up and down our software stack, ranging from shaping our developer facing Swift APIs to interfacing with our low level rendering pipeline. You will also work closely with cross-functional partner teams, helping breakdown their requirements, prototype ideas, and build applications that demonstrate the capabilities that you've built.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- - Experience using Apple's graphics APIs and frameworks, e.g. Core Animation, Core Graphics, metal.
- - Background in 3D rendering is a plus
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace
Back to top