Posted: Feb 25, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200194225
Apple's Synthetic Data Group is looking for an experienced 3D Tools and Algorithm Engineer to help scale our next generation synthetic data workflows for machine learning and synthetic data engineers. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced start-up style environment and be able to function well in a multi functional team addressing both immediate technical needs and providing long term solutions. Experience working within application frameworks is important to help focus and streamline our efforts. Knowledge of production in games, films or VFX will help translate internal and external needs, as will a background and exposure to Machine Learning algorithms. To succeed within this role, you should have shown experience in several of the following areas:
- 5+ years of experience developing applications and workflows for 3D data processing.
- Experience building workflows for engineers, and technical and non technical artists.
- Experience with both realtime game engines and offline rendering solutions.
- Experience with proceduralism in asset and 3D scene construction.
- Familiarity with various 3D graphics algorithms, and data-structures.
- Extensive experience in Python, C++, Git, Perforce, Jira, and/or an equivalent.
- Excellent debugging skills.
Help create and define the workflows used by Synthetic Data Engineers and Machine Learning Engineers as they help shape the growing field. The role will span problem spaces from procedural scene generation, character generation, 3d algorithms and optimization. The role will have a focus on building procedural tools for optimizing synthetic data workflows. A heavy focus on 3D proceduralism and automation will be key to help scale the Synthetic Data Groups efforts to provide synthetic data to help train innovative machine learning algorithms. You should be comfortable in a R&D environment with rapid changing goals and requirements.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science and/or equivalent industry experience
- Experience working with ML pipelines processing vast amount of 3D data.
- Hands on experience with development of tools and workflows in a production environment in films, games, or 3D simulations.
- Experience developing custom plugins for 3D DCC applications.
- Ability to work with with artists and engineers to assess technical requirements and designs.
- Strong linear algebra and computer vision backgrounds a plus