Public Relations Manager, Fitness+
- Culver City, CA
Posted: Jun 10, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200208485
At Apple, we share the mission of making hardware, software and services that help people make the world a better place. We care about what we do, and believe Apple is a force for good. Apple is a company full of disruptive ideas and innovative people, who are also committed to upholding the highest moral, legal and ethical standards in everything we do. We believe technology can serve humankind's deepest values and highest aspirations. Protecting individuals' privacy, promoting diversity and inclusivity, providing products that educate, and are accessible to all needs, are fundamentals within our business. Come and do the best and most exciting work of your career at Apple! Apple is seeking a Manager, Public Relations for Apple Fitness+ to join our corporate communications team. This role will focus on Apple Fitness+, the first fitness experience built for Apple Watch, announced earlier this year. Fitness+, the first fitness service built around Apple Watch, brings inclusive and welcoming studio-style workouts to iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV so users can work out anytime, anywhere. It intelligently and seamlessly incorporates key workout metrics users love from Apple Watch directly to iPhone, iPad or Apple TV, to provide a highly personalized and immersive experience. Fitness+ offers 10 different workouts types across a range of durations, including: High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), Strength, Yoga, Dance, Core, Cycling, Treadmill (for running and walking), Rowing, and Mindful Cool down - along with inspiring music from today's top artists, thoughtfully chosen for each workout to keep users moving and motivated.
- You are self-motivated, possess a positive attitude and passionate about fitness and consumer technology.
- You have 8+ years validated experience in public relations, media relations, PR agency or corporate settings
- You possess a successful track record in executing PR and awards programs with a proven ability to understand business challenges and formulate effective communications strategies that support the audience needs and business goals.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of consumer industry trends, and strong media and influencer relationships with domestic/international journalists and influencers
- Experience in consumer products, fitness or health and wellness is helpful
- Passion for health and wellness, and enthusiasm for the potential of health and technology to change people's lives
- Self-motivated and capable of growing in media relations, consumer technology, international business and values-based communications issues.
- Ability to work well with contending priorities while balancing multiple projects in a multifaceted environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and project management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate creative and critical thinking abilities.
- Validated experience working on sophisticated, international, large-scale, time-critical projects.
The Fitness+ PR Manager will work with the broader public relations team across hardware, software, and services, and will be responsible for strategizing and executing on PR and influencer campaigns in the fitness and consumer space. The candidate will play an important role in communicating and working closely with the Fitness+ trainer team as well as the various product and services teams. The position will focus on crafting cultural moments and delivering strategic, relevant campaigns. The PR Manager will also work with the international PR teams to conceptualize and execute global PR initiatives and campaigns.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree is preferred
Back to top