Protocol Analysis Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 27, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200110055
Join our Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems and be part of the next iPhone! We create and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people's lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. If you're passionate about technology, we may have the job for you. The candidate will be responsible for debugging system level Telephony & Baseband issues reported from QA, Certification, Lab, Field and Livability tests. Focus would be on driving continuous performance improvements by working closely with internal development team, radio stack vendor and other cross functional teams.
- Minimum 4~5 years hands-on & debug experience in Cellular Systems engineering/Systems analysis role with proficiency in mmWave, LTE & Firmware.
- Experience with Cellular technologies (mmWave, LTE) systems architecture, protocols and 3GPP standards.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with end to end Wireless Systems.
- Self-Motivated, Result-oriented with Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with programming languages such as C/C++, Python is a plus.
- Preferred Hands on experience with Tools such as (QXDM, QCAT, STT, Crash Tools, others)
In this role, you will be improving the cellular performance of Apple products. You will diagnose Cellular Protocol & Firmware issues from the carriers, debug cellular issues reported from certification tests, and lead IOT and field tests by doing in-depth log analysis using various tools and code walk-throughs. In addition, you will work closely with internal development teams, radio stack vendors, certification and field test teams, and carrier support teams to fix issues. You will also be responsible for leading product features through the development life- cycle from bring-up through acceptance. Prior experience with baseband chipset vendors is a plus.
Education & Experience
Bachelors of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical engineering or related field required Masters in CE, EE or CS preferred.
Back to top