Program Manager, Learning & Development
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 3, 2020
Role Number: 200181206
Apple is looking for a natural collaborator and exceptional program manager who is enthusiastic about creating an environment where people come to do their best work. As part of the Engineering team within Wallet, Payments, and Commerce ("WPC," the team responsible for Apple Pay, Apple Card, and payments within the App Store and other Apple online services), you will help to design as well as organize, manage, and scale a comprehensive leaning & development program focused on onboarding and developing the the people who make up our diverse, global, and multi-disciplinary organization.
- Proactively build a comprehensive learning and development program for our Engineering organization.
- Facilitate strategic discussions with leaders to identify needs, align on goals and objectives, scope requests, and plan strategy for launch, delivery, and scale.
- Design programs that both smooth the onboarding process for new employees, and also support the development of managers and expand their leadership capabilities.
- Lead the content collection and development efforts, leveraging Apple resources as much as possible and partnering with adjacent teams to standardize messaging.
- Roll the program out globally to a distributed audience.
- Establish methods for measuring and reporting on learner engagement, retention, and application.
- Give program visibility through written status, ongoing reporting, and summary presentations.
- As hands-on trainer, deliver portions of the programs, and coordinate involvement of Apple (and external) specialists for other segments.
From onboarding through ongoing career development and training, you will define and deliver on a strategic learning and development roadmap that aligns with our business objectives and supports this growing organization. In this role you will collaborate closely with WPC's leaders as well as partner teams including Apple University, recruiting, and parallel groups within Apple's Services business. With a direct impact on our employees' professional journey, this is a role for a creative mind, a problem solver, an amazing communicator, and an implementer who wants to contribute and lead on several fronts at once. We are an international organization, with our main hub in Silicon Valley, as well as smaller hubs in the US plus in various cities across Europe and Asia/Pacific. As such, some travel will be necessary.
Education & Experience
5+ years in a training & development role in a large, corporate environment, developing and managing training materials, coordinating and delivering training content, partnering with leadership to build course work, and evaluating results 3+ years experience in program/project management or comparable role. Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, MBA or comparable business experience preferred.
- Practical understanding of adult learning theory and ability to recommend and implement learning solutions.
- Outstanding and polished communication skills. Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and impress effectively at all corporate levels using multiple methods.
- Proficiency in different strategies to engage learners through presentation, facilitation and mentorship, as well as use of online and offline training concepts.
- Analytical mentality with experience and ideas on how to measure success of training programs.
- Eagerness to accept accountability, displaying ownership over work and the impact it has on the success of the business.
- Ability to work highly independently with little guidance on the day-to-day running of projects.
- Willingness to see challenging projects through completion and shown ability to work well with others under pressure.
- Ability to flex from strategic to tactical work depending on priorities and needs, all with exceptional attention to detail.
- Prioritization and time management skills with a solid ability to meet deadlines and get results.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and ability to flourish in an environment of constant change.
- Proficiency in Keynote and familiarity with the functionality of multimedia tools
- Experience creating content for and publishing within a Content or Learning Management System
- Knowledge and ease working in collaboration tools (ex: Quip, Slack)
- Flexibility in schedule, allowing you to work with employees across timezones
- Experience collaborating and driving projects with distributed teams across multiple timezones and languages and cultures strongly preferred.
Back to top