Product Quality Reliability Engineer
Posted: Oct 22, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200100204
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. We believe that it's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Join the dynamic Product Quality Engineering team. You will partner closely with the Engineering, Program Management and Operations teams to lead our ongoing reliability testing.
- Working knowledge and theory of quality methods, design of experiments, statistical process control methods and predictive modeling
- Multi-functional project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical systems knowledge related to electronics and mechanical assembly
- Reliability methods and quality sampling methodologies
- Third party production quality and process management experience
- Passionate, motivated and strong ability to establish relationships
- Data-driven and results-oriented approach to problem solving
- Experience performing reliability testing including Mechanical Stress Tests, Shock/Drop/Vibration Testing, Environmental Testing
- Extraordinary statistical knowledge to derive sampling plans and projected failure rates
- 5+ years of industry experience in manufacturing or development of electronics
- Experience working with high volume international manufacturers and traveling to manufacturing sites
- You will ensure Ongoing Reliability Test (ORT) readiness for the Mac product line, Apple TV and Remote from ramp through end of life - Responsible for ORT planning, waterfall definition, trigger limits and optimization - Own and drive key performance indicators as well as ongoing reliability test execution - Provide regular executive level communication updates of program status including ok2ship summary - Drive failure analysis and issue resolution with international quality team members - Manage quality escalations and pre-ok2ship ORT - Conduct reviews of field and factory quality data - Support and visit ongoing reliability test labs as required - Initiate ORT purchase orders, invoice approvals and ORT unit distribution - Develop and implement processes to improve quality, capacity and efficiency
Education & Experience
- BS or MS degree in Engineering - Ability to travel internationally 20% Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top