Product Operations and Readiness Lead, Wallet & Apple Pay
- Austin, TX
Posted: Sep 29, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200194784
The Apple Wallet, Payments, and Commerce team is rapidly growing, entering new markets and adding innovative new features to our products. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most hardworking creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. Apple Pay is the leading mobile payments platform for in-store and online payments, and Apple Card has been the most successful credit card launch in history. And we're just getting started! Join the Apple Pay Wallet and Payments Operations team working within our organization to understand, develop and improve our processes to support our customers, and measure our impact on the experience. In this role, you will help us define our future vision, build operational capabilities, and drive launch readiness of new features. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work closely with cross-functional teams, such as Product, Marketing, Retail, AppleCare, and Engineering teams. The Apple Card and Apple Cash Wallet Operations team is seeking an experienced product operations lead to shape and execute Apple Card and Apple Cash's Messages (Business Chat) support experience for customers. You will lead the creation and execution of system integration requirements as well as automation of providing accurate, immediate, and helpful solutions for our customers in Messages by collaborating with external partners and internal technical teams. You will also play a role of business lead for creating requirements and processes for specialist systems and oversee the development until launch. And finally, you will be responsible for partnering with external and internal teams to ensure launch readiness of new product features. You should have significant experience in consumer financial services, product/program management, change management and launch readiness. This role is full-time and will be located in Austin, TX.
- Experience in the Financial services industry, credit card and payments related products operations experience preferred
- Deep knowledge and experience in both creation of specialist CRM and Case management and management of them to know what works and what doesn't
- Passion and curiosity for defining how we service our customers in the easiest way possible
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and achieve results in a new space
- Passion for digging deep into a subject matter area
- Ability to collaborate with different teams, utilize outstanding influencing skills, and demonstrate strong senior-level/executive communication abilities
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing and sometimes unpredictable work environment
- Ability to synthesize complex topics and distill key business dynamics to senior leaders and partners
- Analytical and creative problem solver, with a can-do demeanor and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs
- Aptitude and interest in new technical concepts
- Solid ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams in a matrixed organization
- High level of proficiency crafting high impact presentations using Keynote (or MS PowerPoint) to clearly articulate solutions.
- Experience in facilitating process re-engineering and improvement workshops.
- Collaborative, flexible and open working style, with an ability to quickly establish trust and credibility.
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to influence others.
In this role, it is crucial that you develop a strong working relationship with each of your partners. You should be an excellent communicator who is self-motivated and is comfortable working in a global, matrix, fast-paced environment. You will work cross-functionally with a variety of internal groups as well as with external partners, to improve the quality of our services and efficiency and scalability of our operations. Engage at senior levels and guide partners to optimise the use of Apple Pay across their business. Technical literacy with API integration and NLP; you can understand these and clearly speak to them with privacy to technical teams Experience in leading customer-facing conversational channels Experience with natural language intent mapping and decision trees Collaborate with Apple Card and Apple Cash partners to create requirements for new versions of specialist systems while running it towards launch Demonstrated ability to deliver complex, technical projects on-time with consistently successful results while working across departments and time zones Understand the support use cases for new features to distill those into what a specialist needs to know about or action upon Partner with product and engineering teams to ensure outstanding customer experience Develop and drive improvements across internal and external partners to create best-in-class operational experiences through collaboration, leadership and a customer-focus Engage with colleagues across cross-functional teams to identify integration points and dependencies, and developing high level solution proposals for these integrations Lead regularly scheduled, cross-functional updates and business reviews Effectively manage partners, subject matter specialists, executives and other internal groups through effective written and verbal communication Some travel required (15-20%)
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Engineering, Business or a related field required. MBA or a relevant post graduate degree is a plus. Minimum 8+ years of professional experience required. Prior experience in management consulting or product management at a tech company and/or startup is a plus.
Back to top