Product Marketing Manager, Augmented Reality
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 15, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200189840
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We believe that if you bring passion and dedication to your job, there's no telling what you could accomplish. We believe in the power of combining product management and product marketing together - that the best person to communicate why a product is meaningful to consumers and developers is the same person that helped drive its creation. As a Product Marketing Manager at Apple, you will be the product manager, the product marketing manager, and even speak to media about why your products matter. We are passionate about how augmented reality can change the world, and we are looking for a highly motivated Product Marketing Manager to join the Worldwide Product Marketing team to focus on AR. As an AR Product Marketing Manager you will have a seat at the table to help define and drive the largest AR platform in the world while being responsible for how new and existing AR products and features are launched and marketed. Dynamic, creative people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Are you passionate about creating compelling products and ready to join an amazing team? Then we want to hear from you.
- 2+ years of experience in product management and/or product marketing roles; experience in 3D, particularly AR / VR a plus
- Strong analytical skills and an uncompromising attention to detail with the ability to operate seamlessly between highly detailed and technical situations as well as strategic business situations
- The ability to see the big picture and be comfortable with ambiguity
- A track record in formulating product messaging and creating outbound marketing
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; thrives in highly collaborative projects, effective at building consensus, handles high stakes decisions with ease, and ability to navigate ambiguity
- Proven oral and written communication skills; ability to become fluent in technical concepts and explain to non-technical partners
- Very strong at storytelling
The Product Marketing Manager, AR role requires you to both impact inbound on the product development process while driving the outbound messaging and presence of Apple's AR products. You will be: - Responsible for marketing of augmented reality at Apple while discerning new product areas to develop and assist in the development of the AR product strategy. - Working in a global cross-functional team with engineering, industrial and product design, marketing communications, and public relations through the complete product development lifecycle. - Defining AR product positioning and key product messages. - In possession of expert knowledge of competitive products. - Working with marketing communications and PR on the development of product launch activities, press releases, and marketing materials. - Traveling the world as the ambassador for your product attending trade shows, customer visits, and press briefings.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree preferred, MS/MA/MBA a plus.
- Position based in Santa Clara Valley, California
Back to top