Product Manager, Home Services
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Apr 21, 2020
Role Number: 200145678
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gravitate in order to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn't have imagined - and now can't imagine living without. If you're excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job! We are seeking an expert product management professional to join the newly forming Home Services team to innovate and craft new services for the Home market. Apple brings together hardware, software and services for a complete experience to the consumer. We are seeking the product marketing experts to form the initial team that will define and build services for Home market. To that end, you will closely collaborate with Engineering, business development, design, and other Apple teams. You will engage with key ecosystem players to understand market dynamics, requirements, validate assumptions, and develop a go-to market strategy! This role will demonstrate a deep expertise in home connectivity and control technologies and to define go-to market, results analyses, and provide product marketing recommendations. We function much like a startup within a large enterprise, so you must bring capability to operate independently, welcome making difficult trade-offs, enjoy building partnerships with many teams of equally capable and invested individuals, and should be able ruthlessly prioritize short-term actions in service of the long term goal. This is a full time position located in our Cupertino, CA headquarters.
- 12+ years of professional experience with 8+ years in product management.
- Direct working experience with key ecosystem players including: home services providers, home builders and home technology providers.
- Strong technical skills and the ability to simplify complex issues.
- Shown success in positions of leadership including recruiting, developing, and encouraging strong teams.
- Deep experience negotiating business and technical terms across multiple internal and external collaborators.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze opportunities from many angles (both quantitative and qualitative) and to drive appropriate performance tracking.
- Expertise building business cases around market opportunities and partnerships - including strategy development, market segmentation, competitive analysis, and financial analysis.
- Outstanding written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence without authority, sell concepts internally and actively drive decision-making across partners.
- Self-starter who works effectively in a dynamic, high energy environment and is comfortable managing ambiguity while delivering with minimal mentorship.
Engage at very senior levels and guide executives internally and externally through vision and tactical execution. Lead and support cross-functional teams through all aspects of business case development, product requirements, integration, testing and go-to-market launch plans. Provide regular communications to senior management on strategy and results. Travel required, both nationally and internationally.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant field
Back to top