Product Designer, Maps
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Mar 14, 2020
Role Number: 200159720
Maps HI team is looking for a Product Designer to create new products and extend existing products. You will be comfortable creating complex interactions based on a high-level concept, illustrating a large number of use cases and conditions, resolving dependencies, working with and pushing against technical constraints. You will create experiences for iOS, Mac, PC, Web, Watch and CarPlay.
- Creative and resourceful
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Adept at solving complex problems
- Proficient at extending existing design patterns across platforms
- Experience working with a variety of spatial datasets including street networks, land use, landcover and vegetation, business points of interest, buildings, transportation systems, hydrological networks, elevation/terrain, and imagery
- Demonstrated skill curating map content and improving the accuracy and effectiveness of information display
- Enjoys improving existing patterns and finding innovative solutions for new features and use cases
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and change during a project
- The position requires deliverables to be provided under tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Strong Problem solving skills, attention to detail, the ability to mediate and cope with rapid change are required
- Above all, the role requires a dedicated individual who understands Apple's high standards and design aesthetic to the core.
- Design portfolio is a must
We are looking for an extraordinary product designer for tvOS, iOS, Watch, Mac, PC and Web. You are a natural collaborator and an excellent communicator, able to develop and present design ideas in a large team environment. You will work closely with cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Production, Product Marketing, and Senior Management. Prior experience working within a technical environment is a key requirement. You should possess extraordinary visual and user interface design skills, as well as user-centered design principals. You have an affinity for consistency, color use, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details. While exercising a good eye for aesthetics, you are able to grasp and distill highly complex issues and translate them into clean, focused, understandable solutions. Strong communication skills and ability to stay highly organized is critical. Interest in new technologies in web, mobile, and other devices is required. You should be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision. The work that you will design will be seen and experienced by millions of people every month around the globe. Responsibilities Include: Creating detailed interaction and pixel specs, preparing assets for use in a variety of platforms. Keynote presentations, maintaining up-to-date files and uniform naming conventions, ensuring design consistency across all assets and products. Close alignment with the Engineering team.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters of Arts / Design
Back to top