Posted: Mar 8, 2023
Help Apple grow the product structural analysis team for iPad, iPhone, Mac, Watch, and many other Apple products. We are responsible for FEA modeling, engineering analysis, & material characterization, along with verification and validation of mechanical simulation models.
- Thorough knowledge of Solid Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Passion for creating innovative, high quality products
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
We are fully integrated with the product design team from the earliest stages, analyzing and informing the mechanical design of ground breaking products. As part of our team, you will work with the multi-functional teams within Apple and with outside vendors to characterize the strength of raw materials and components.
Education & Experience
At least MS in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mechanics, or similar.
- Additional Experience in any or all of the following areas would be preferred:
- Static and dynamic finite element analysis (ideally in handheld/portable/wearable electronic products)
- FEA software such as Abaqus or similar
- Good modeling practices including model validation techniques
- Failure modeling of different classes of materials
- Testing including methods using Digital Image Correlation, Universal Testing Machines, and Dynamic Mechanical Analysis
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $115,000 and $217,500, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple's discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple's Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You'll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses - including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.