Posted: May 21, 2021
Role Number: 200181480
At Apple, you will use your expertise in mechanical design to bring the next generation of highly integrated products to life. From concept through production, your deep sense of curiosity, creativity, and attention to detail will lead you to deliver products that surprise and delight our customers. To do so, you will work closely with cross-functional teams including Industrial Design, Hardware Engineering, Reliability, Safety, and Manufacturing. In our highly dynamic work environment, you will leverage your excellent communication and social skills to respond quickly and effectively to changes and to manage competing demands.
- Demonstrated expertise in detailed mechanical design
- Strong understanding of materials and manufacturing methods
- Proficiency in 3-D CAD and GD&T
- Rapid prototyping experience
- Familiarity with finite element analysis
- Comfort working in quickly evolving and undefined work environments
- Effective problem-solving skills
- A collaborative mindset that is receptive to feedback
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
•Design, test, and validate mechanical parts of various materials to meet structural, functional, cosmetic, and durability requirements •Generate, demonstrate, and test concepts and prototypes to drive product decisions •Collaborate with industrial designers, hardware engineering, reliability, safety, and manufacturing to conceptualize, design, test, and deliver an enriching customer facing product •Partner with external vendors and internal manufacturing teams to optimize designs for function, aesthetics, and manufacturability •Ensure your designs meet requirements through their lifecycle through performance stress, tolerance, and failure analyses.
Education & Experience
BSME required, MS Preferred
- • Experience in development of Mechanical System Architecture, Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
- • Unigraphics fluency desirable.