Product Design Engineer - Future Home Products
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 2, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200196909
We invent the next generation of the world's finest consumer electronics. As a member of our product design team, you would conceive, design, test, troubleshoot, and bring into production products that redefine the home experience. We work closely with cross functional teams including industrial design, audio engineering, packaging, safety, hardware engineering, EMC, operations and marketing. Apple product design engineering is a fast-paced, multidisciplinary, self-motivated role where every day is different.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ years experience in product design
- Demonstrated ability in plastic and metal part design
- 3-D CAD skills
- Accurate mechanical intuition
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
- Deep analytical/problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques.
- Working knowledge of finite element analysis theory and general mechanical engineering analysis.
- Flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment.
- Ability to travel internationally (20%+).
As a member of our product design team, you would conceive, design, test, troubleshoot, and bring into production products that redefine the home experience.
Education & Experience
- * Experience working with overseas manufacturers
- * Consumer electronics design experience
- * Integration of wireless antenna (GSM, GPS, Wifi) into mechanical enclosures
- * Experience with component modules (Audio drivers, batteries, power supplies, camera modules, etc.)
Back to top