Posted: Dec 9, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200103760
Prototyping is an exploratory design team. We design software to explore what new hardware might bring to our current and future products. It is our job to invent and propose new features and sometimes entirely new products. Over the past decade we have incubated products like iPad, Pencil, and the Apple TV Siri Remote. We pioneered force and haptics for Multi-touch Trackpads, iPhone, and Apple Watch. We were instrumental in the design and development of the TrueDepth camera for iPhone X, Face ID, Animoji, and depth photography. We express our ideas through pictures, animation, video and code. The work we do is on a 3-5-year timescale - if it makes it into a product at all.
- Organize and host creative reviews for the team's projects.
- Capture feedback, work with the team to synthesize next steps, then make sure everyone's doing what they're supposed to.
- Create polished materials to communicate the team's work. Printed material, Keynote decks, charts and tables. Take nice pictures, shoot video and do some light editing.
- Help plan who will work on what and when.
- Be a charismatic advocate for the team's work.
- Present work to other teams.
- Stay in touch and look for opportunities to collaborate.
- Strategize who needs to see what, when and how to move ideas through exploration into products.
- Field incoming requests for collaborations.
We are committed to hiring a diverse team with people from different backgrounds, with different points of view, and with different levels of experience. How do I apply? What is the interview process? Please email our recruiter, Anu Goel firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you do not feel like you meet all the criteria, we would be happy to hear from you. It would be great if you could send us some pictures or links to projects you have been a part of. We like looking at pictures. If we are interested, we will schedule a 30-minute phone call with you to talk about your work, learn about you, and answer any questions you have about the team or Apple. If we do not chose you for a phone call, we will not forget about you. We might contact you in the future, or tell another team about you. After the call, If we are still interested in one another, we will bring you to Cupertino to present to the team, and meet with everyone on the team. After that, we will make a decision as a team. If you do not join the team, we probably thought you were special and promising, and we will probably say hi in the future to see what you are up to.
Education & Experience
Back to top