Producer, 3D Model
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jul 6, 2020
Role Number: 200179172
Marcom is Apple's Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple's advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. The Producer, 3D Model is the key stakeholder managing the relationships and communication between the 3D model team and external-to-Marcom partners across the Industrial Design (ID) team and Product Design. They are the key contact for procurement of CAD, prototypes, and scheduling and attending model reviews with ID. Additionally, they are responsible for owning and communicating the production schedules for all 3D models and facilitating their effective integration across functions within Marcom.
- Have at least seven years experience in CG pipelines, collaborating effectively with technical artists in a demanding creative environment under tight deadlines.
- Possess strong communication, writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills and passion to evangelize your group to strengthen collaboration with external partners.
- Aptitude for digesting technical information with the ability to translate it into actionable information for non-technical partners.
- Have a passion for building new process and structure to support the work and ultimately optimize day-to-day workflow specifically when it comes to 3D models.
- Have the ability to learn and cope with rapid change, be expert at dealing with ambiguity, being able to move forward without knowing all the pieces and have superb attention to detail.Have extensive proficiency in spreadsheet tools. (Excel, Numbers, Quip.)
- File database software knowledge, shot tracking software, Photoshop, Maya, Nuke, and AR knowledge are a plus.
Build and maintain group's yearly roadmap and schedules for overall model creation. Partner with Associate Producer (AP) to ensure productions meet production schedules. Work closely with Industrial Design (ID) and Product Design (PD) to gather CAD, prototypes, manufacturing schedules, and updates in accordance with roadmap. Internalize ID & PD timelines and information and use it to align 3D model schedules and drive production, reviews, and model distribution accordingly. Anticipate, communicate, and problem-solve challenges for downstream Marcom production partners timing based on upstream ID & PD information. Work with the technical director, artist leads and associate producer, to establish a scalable 3D pipeline and continue to innovate that pipeline as technology demands. Work with group director, senior creative manager, and interactive group to identify and establish AR deliverables and scope productions accordingly. Partners with AR producer in planning efforts for AR models and strategies how this connects with the high resolution model creation from a project workflow and resourcing perspective. . Participate in long term planning efforts across future quarters and financial years, driving project schedules based on yearly roadmap needs. Help to identify and evangelize new talent by assisting with the recruiting effort.
Education & Experience
Ideally you have a college degree and at least 7-10 years work experience in the creative and design field or the equivalent.
Back to top