Posted: Mar 26, 2021
Role Number: 200096829
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! You will be responsible for silicon performance characterization and tuning for CPUs. The role involves developing tests to characterize CPU performance, analyzing and profiling software/applications, correlating and comparing performance across silicon/system software version, and working with OS and compiler teams on performance debug and tuning.
- You should have 2+ years of processor performance verification experience
- You should have a deep understanding of processor architecture and micro-architecture
- Proven experience in benchmarks and workload analysis
- Experience in CPU performance profiling
- Good knowledge in compiler techniques and OS for performance optimization
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work across teams to optimize silicon performance
- Strong programming skills
• Work closely with architects and performance modeling team to develop plans for silicon performance profiling and characterization • Proven knowledge with developing instruction profiling tools on silicon • Deep experience in working with various CPU workloads and benchmarks • Debug performance issues and conduct performance tuning on silicon • Benchmark, correlate and compare CPU performance across silicon/OS/compiler versions • Present CPU performance results to multi-functional teams • Work closely with OS and compiler teams on system and application performance tuning
Education & Experience
BS/MSEE is required.