Pro Workflow Video Expert
- Culver City, CA
Posted: Dec 11, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200199987
Join a unique and highly specialized team of creatives and engineers within Apple tasked with shaping the future of the Mac, iPad, and iPhone. Apple's Pro Workflow team (part of the hardware division) is seeking a forward thinking creative with extensive expertise in Post-Production Video Workflows. Our team is comprised of award-winning 3D/VFX, Video, Photography, and Audio creatives as well as highly specialized engineers and system architects.
- 10+ years of post-production experience with a specific focus on video editing, workflow and finishing on Windows PC's or workstations
- Expertise in one or more of industry leading NLEs such as Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, BlackMagic DaVinci Resolve, or Final Cut Pro X
- Passion and interest to be hands on and influence the design of future Apple products including Mac, iPad, and iPhone.
- Ability to share & explain real world workflows within video production to non domain experts
- Technically knowledgable in key aspects of video production including codecs, cameras, data & media management and color science.
- Key desire and ability to learn new things from creative processes and techniques to the interaction of computer technology with those processes and workflows.
- Knowledge of delivery standards and practices for Broadcast and Streaming services for domestic and or international markets.
- BONUS QUALIFICATIONS:
- Color grading expertise
- Experience working within a post production team focused on editing collaboratively and / or remotely.
- Experience/expertise in more than one NLE.
- Experience working on Cloud platforms
- Experience in collaborating with VFX / 3D artists / teams or as a post-production supervisor
- Production experience in any of the following positions: writer / director / assistant director / cinematographer / producer / line producer / editor / assistant editor
- Having built or spec'ed a Windows PC/Workstation for creative work
- Experience with AR / VR / MR
- Experience with Machine Learning in creative context
The ideal candidate will collaborate internally with fellow creatives and technical experts to build out cutting edge workflows on both existing and future hardware as well as software, on MacOS, Windows and Linux and demonstrate an ability to identify both existing challenges and new opportunities. This team plays an essential role in shaping the trajectory of Apple hardware and its underlying system architecture. While our (and this position's) primary focus is on the post-production process, we are also looking for a candidate that can contribute creatively to internal micro-productions in an effort to both optimize and innovate new workflows. The Pro Workflow team is committed to ensuring that Apple hardware and software remains on the cutting edge of real world workflows, and validates this by running through the production and post production process on shoots we direct as group several times a year. We then use what we learn from these micro productions to fix existing bottlenecks and work with other groups within Apple as well as 3rd parties to formulate new solutions. One of the things that makes our group unique is that we have expert engineers within our team that specialize in the creative space and that we can deploy to fix any technical issues we encounter or that we identify with our partners. We also work hand in hand with system architects to determine the future roadmap of Apple's hardware. One of your key responsibilities will be to engage with 3rd Party software and hardware developers such as Avid, BlackMagic, Adobe, AJA, RED to name only a few. Lastly, you will be expected to work with and engage with customers to better understand their specific workflows and needs. Every one of our team members is expected to be an effective advocate on how the Mac, iPad and iPhone can help our customers make better content and to do so as efficiently as possible.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree or similar work experience
Back to top