Power and Performance Lead
- Boulder, CO
Posted: Aug 12, 2020
Role Number: 200121362
The Technology Development Group is working on exciting new technologies. We are looking for a driven and dedicated senior performance and power engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to be part of a new project and shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day.
- In-depth knowledge of tools and techniques for analyzing and benchmarking of operating systems, application/algorithm performance
- Good systems programming in C, C++
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to provide technical advice, leadership, and direction to more junior engineers
The Technology Development Group is looking for an accomplished Performance and Power Expert/Lead to help build a passionate and diverse team that will ensure the next generation of interactive experiences for iOS will run with the best performance. You will collaborate with multiple teams x-functionally to deliver incredible experiences for our customers. You will work on analytical and simulation models to predict application, algorithm, OS and, realtime interactive graphics performance and power. You will design and implement performance and power measurement and analysis tools and provide instrumentation for measurability. This engineer is to be technically savvy, team oriented, has influencing and leadership abilities, creative, motivated, flexible, and driven to produce results.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/CE or equivalent experience is expected
- Familiarity with power and thermal measurements tools
- Familiarity with iOS, CoreOS, Xcode, CPU/GPU Architecture
- Familiarity with Computer Vision, Machine Learning
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top