Power and Performance Data Engineering Manager
- San Diego, CA
Posted: Jan 31, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200133001
Power and Performance team is looking for an experienced software engineering manager to lead its telemetry team in San Diego. This team is responsible for building systems to collect telemetry across all Apple products to drive power/performance triage and analytics. You would work with various teams across Apple to develop an understanding of new hardware and software features, and be responsible for the telemetry collection system spanning multiple layers of software stack. You will have the opportunity to work on the latest Apple products and drive the team to build efficient software that would ship to billions of Apple customers. We're looking for a strong experienced leader to join and lead this amazing team.
- 5+ years experience in developing production software (C, C++, Python or Java)
- 2+ years leading a team and managing software development projects
- 5+ years of experience working with distributed systems (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Kafka)
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Strong analytical thinking to solve challenging problems
In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers to provision, install/configure, operate, and maintain our team's analytics data cluster, involving both the hardware and software of the cluster. You will enable the continued innovation and progress within the infrastructure through research and development. You will manage the plans for the execution, test and roll-out of the solutions. A strong technical foundation is needed to provide guidance in design and development of large-scale analytics infrastructure for rapid data analysis. As the leader of this team, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging engineering problems across a broad range of Apple products. Responsibilities will also include managing, mentoring, and growing the team of software engineers. The team will depend on your ability to create and foster a healthy and collaborative culture, where individuals will be encouraged to take ownership of their projects and drive them to success.
Education & Experience
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- PLEASE NOTE: This position will be based in our San Diego, California location. Travel of up to 20% will also be required.
Back to top