Posted: Jan 6, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200196039
Marcom is Apple's Global Marketing Communications group. We lead all of Apple's advertising and marketing efforts to ensure the considered development and execution of world-class communications. The Social team is responsible for developing high-level strategy, planning, creative concepting, and overall execution in collaboration with our Brand and Advertising Teams. They partner with multiple functional disciplines on show launch and campaign projects throughout the year, in addition to directly contributing to and managing Apple's owned social channels. This requires close collaboration with groups internal and external to Marcom. The Managing Producer, Social Platform Operations position will be responsible for organizing and executing all technical launch moments for Apple's owned and operated social platforms. Ensuring smooth launch events and pointed communication for all critical launches and evergreen initiatives.
- You have at least 12 + years of marketing experience working for global brands with an emphasis on integrated communications.
- Deep understanding of leading-edge social, content, and influencer marketing practices and activations within the industry
- You have a successful history of structuring and scoping projects and managing budgets.
- You have measurable experience in marketing and development of social communications across all channels and platforms, and you are proficient in the latest social platforms and technology.
- You have the ability to inventively problem solve and organize information at a high-level to address potential roadblocks, and define the best way forward with rigorous attention to detail.
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills -- balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you.
- You can successfully lead the overall social platform operations process and define process efficiencies
- Human-oriented with an appreciation for collaboration and dedication to cross-functional marketing initiatives that require strategic and thoughtful solutions.
- You have extraordinary communication and negotiation skills and easily build rapport, credibility, and influence with primary points of contact across all social platforms.
- A passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, and a commitment to quality that ensures we're always making progress.
- You are a passionate Apple user who is familiar with Apple applications, including Mail, Numbers, Keynote, Pages, and Calendar.
Provide advice and support on all matters relating to social platform operations, including account security, data privacy, algorithm optimization, analytics, and upcoming build updates and releases. Deep understanding of leading-edge social, content, and influencer marketing practices and activations within the industry. Stay up to date on new social media tools, best practices, competitive activity, and other social media leaders to bring early adopter technologies and trends. Act as the gatekeeper for Apple's social presence; ensuring highest-quality and timely launches. Proactively monitor and identify trending risk areas and make recommendations to mitigate risk. Prioritize and align teams on a regular cadence, securing integration across functions, partnering and leading the set up and facilitation of status meetings, and tracking action items throughout.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.