Posted: Oct 22, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200201411
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a forward-thinking and unusually hardworking Physical Design Engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple's customers every single day. In this role, you will be at the center of a PHY design effort collaborating with architecture, CAD, timing and logic design teams, with a critical impact on delivering PHY designs. You will be required to do physical designs of outstanding PHY design.
- - You will have at least 5+ years of Physical Design experience on high PHY and/or SOC designs
- - Deep knowledge about industry standards and practices in Physical Design, including Physically aware synthesis, Floor-planning, and Place & Route
- - Significant working experience in developing and implementing Power-grid and Clock specifications
- - Deep Understanding of all aspects of Physical construction, Integration and Physical Verification
- - Deep knowledge of Basic SoC Architecture and HDL languages like Verilog to be able with logic design team for timing fixes.
- - Power user of industry standard Physical Design & Synthesis tools
- - Shown understanding of scripting languages such as Perl/Tcl
- - Extensive knowledge of Extraction and STA methodology and tools
- - Deep understanding of Physical Design Verification methodology to debug LVS/DRC issues at chip/block level
As a Physical Design engineer you will be involved with all phases of physical design of high performance PHY design from RTL to delivery of our final GDSII. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to: Generate block/chip level static timing constraints. Build full chip floor-plan including pin placement, partitions and power grid. Develop and validate high performance low power clock network guidelines. Perform block level place and route and close the design to meet timing, area and power constraints. Generate and Implement ECOs to fix timing, noise and EM IR violations. Run Physical design verification flow at chip/block level and provide guidelines to fix LVS/DRC violations to other designers. Participate in establishing CAD and physical design methodologies for accurate by construction designs. Assist in flow development for chip integration.
Education & Experience
Preferred Masters or PhD Degree. Bachelors Degree required.