PHY Systems & Algorithm Engineer
- San Diego, CA
Posted: Nov 5, 2018
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200007723
In this technical role, you will be at the center of a silicon design group responsible for physical layer system and algorithm design for state-of-the-art wireless SoC products
- This is an individual technical contributor role that requires at least 7+ years experience in designing signal processing and wireless communications systems.
- In-depth knowledge on wireless communication system (OFDM/MIMO, etc), hands on experience on lab testing & characterization will be a plus.
- Deep understanding of communication theory & signal processing related algorithms design (such as timing recovery, signal estimation and detection, automatic gain control, RF impairment estimation and correction, channel estimation, equalization, coding theory, etc.)
- Experience with Matlab or Python and/or C/C++ for algorithm development, modeling, and simulation.
- Experience on low power algorithm design for power sensitive application is a plus
- Experience and knowledge on High Level Synthesis (HLS) will be a plus
- Experience on bring up real silicon in lab, be bale to efficiently use lab equipment (such as spectrum analyzer, signal generator, power meter, etc).
- Knowledge in existing wireless communication protocols: LTE/WCDMA/GSM, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 802.11ad or Bluetooth/BLE
• Design and simulate state-of-the-art physical layer wireless communication system algorithms for very high data rate applications. • Implement system models and perform detailed performance investigation to allow performance sign-off and enable RTL development. • Work with digital designers to realize these algorithms with power and area efficient digital implementations. • Bring up, test and characterize real silicon in lab.
Education & Experience
MS with 10+ Years experience or Ph.D. with 7+ Years experience.
Back to top