Photos - App and User Experience Software Engineer
Posted: Feb 18, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200085035
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world, and the Photos team builds a set of best in class features to highlight the amazing images that it can produce. The flawless integration of software and hardware has led to magical experiences in features like Memories and Portrait Mode. The Photos team focuses on building new user-experiences that also leverage computer vision and machine learning based image processing. Our team works hard on products that ship to millions of people - We are looking for people who want to do the same!
- Proven programming fundamentals and knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Have built projects using Objective-C or Swift and experience with iOS, macOS, and/or tvOS SDKs
- Good sense of UI design and a passion to focus on every detail, large and small
- Excels at solving and debugging hard problems
- Enjoys working with, learning from, and mentoring teammates from different disciplines and backgrounds
Our team focuses on building experiences that allow users to browse their photos and relive their best experiences through the Photos app. This includes features such as Memories, Live Photo Effects, For You and the new Photos tab (Years, Months, Days, All). Our team develops features across the iOS, macOS and tvOS platforms. We're looking for an engineer who is excited to help create new experiences for our users to relive their content. As users are capturing and keeping more and more content, we want to make sure we provide innovative and scalable ways of enjoying this content. These features touch the lives of millions of customers and we work closely with design, computer vision, and machine learning technologies to build something great!
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- The team is always making sure the code is robust, super performant and well tested. We are looking for an engineer who is thorough in her/his art, understands performance bottlenecks and knows how to write high quality code.
Back to top