Performance Compiler Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Mar 31, 2021
Role Number: 200118656
The CPU and Accelerator Compilers Team is seeking engineers passionate about working on advancing compiler performance and optimization technology. We are responsible for optimizations and code generation for CPUs and Accelerators on all Apple platforms. Our team works across many different organizations on state-of-the art, industry impacting technology that enhances the user experience for all Apple customers with better run-time performance, battery life, compile-times, code size or enhanced security. A lot of the team's work happens directly in the LLVM open source project and gets presented at the LLVM Developer Meeting and the Apple's WWDC conferences.
- High level C and C++ programming expertise.
- Experience in analyzing benchmarks and application performance.
- Passion for developing optimizing compilers for modern architectures.
- Working knowledge of computer architecture and micro-architecture.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Track record of building production quality software
- Highly skilled at building constructive and effective relationships
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills that demonstrate an ability to communicate with a variety of individuals
- Deeply passionate about compilers and creating tools for software development
Our team is diverse, collaborative, and creative. Our work is at the edge of modern compiler and tools development. You will join a team of highly motivated engineers who are passionate about advancing compiler technology to the next level. Your tasks will include application and benchmark performance analysis, development of state-of-the-art compiler optimizations in LLVM optimizers and code generators, and tool development. You will continuously apply and grow your expertise, learn new technologies, and engage in cross-organization projects with hardware and software teams. Your work will impact all classical applications used by mom and dad, billions of other customers, and give raise to new applications and technologies. Next time you pick up an Apple device the software running on it can perform better because of your work.. In our team you can turn your imagination and engineering prowess into something big.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- • LLVM compiler experience a plus, but not required.
- • If possible, please provide a portfolio of your work.
Back to top