People Business Partner, Software Engineering
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 10, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200199503
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. This is a great opportunity to partner with and support business groups within Software Engineering. This role will provide People support to a group of mangers and will also work closely with the Software Engineering People team on development of programs to best support our growing manager population.
- 7-12 years in an HR generalist or business partnering role.
- Ability to coach, mentor and advise where appropriate to help employees grow and develop in alignment with business and personal goals
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills, including influencing- Demonstrable track record of leading cross functional projects
- Highly collaborative style. Willingness and demonstrated ability to work in teams, as both a lead on projects and a supporting team member.
In this role, you will provide both strategic and tactical HR support to employees and managers. This will be demonstrated by providing HR expertise and leveraging your experience in the following areas: Business Knowledge: Ensure depth of understanding of organizations supported, including key business functions and processes. Organizational Development: Support and work with business teams and functions to understand current and future business goals and trends that may impact work force needs and initiative. Actively engage with managers on people strategy and effectively delivering strategy through workforce planning and organization design and structure. Talent & Performance Management: Partner with first level managers to design and deliver appropriate talent planing activities that will identify talent, and help deliver succession plans. Demonstrate coaching skills to assist employees and managers through development and performance matters. Projects/Program Development: Develop and drive Software Engineering wide projects. These could include Management Development, Inclusion and Diversity, Annual Compensation Planning etc. Training: Understand the training/development needs of organization and act as liaison with Software University, Apple University and the Software Engineering People Business Partner team to deliver or secure appropriate training for the organization. Author and deliver curriculum as needed. Culture: Develop knowledge and skills to be able to reinforce the Apple culture with leaders and employees. Partner with Apple University, the Software Engineering People Business Partner team and business leaders to develop programs and initiatives which help educate and reinforce Apple culture with teams. Employee Relations: Expertly guides and advises managers and employees on all aspects of employee-related issues, including manager/employee issues, policies & procedures, misconduct, investigations and terminations. Compensation & Benefits: Advise and support line management on local and global compensation and benefits initiatives. Competence in interpreting internal compensation framework and external market survey data. Identifying emerging trends. Partner with management and Benefits to assist with the management of leaves, disabilities, and Worker's Compensation.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree is required
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top