People Business Partner, AI/ML
- Seattle, WA
Posted: Oct 8, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200197578
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. This is a great opportunity to partner with and support the business groups across the Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) business. These business leads a critical and strategic imperative for the company, seamlessly integrating across Apple's ecosystem, and bringing the highest quality experience our Customers expect and deserve.
- 7-10 years experience in a HR management, generalist, and/or business partnering role.
- Demonstrable track record of leading a team of HR business partners.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, including influencing and ability to support innovation.
- Highly collaborative style. Willingness and demonstrated ability to work in teams, as both a lead and a supporting team member.
- Strong proven leadership skills and experience.
- Ability to coach, mentor and advise where appropriate to help employees grow and develop in alignment with business and personal goals.
- Ability to execute foundational Project Management skills where needed and appropriate
- In this role, you will closely partner with key business leaders, by aligning HR strategy with business strategies. You will provide a full spectrum of both strategic and tactical HR support and programs on a global basis to employees and managers. As an HRBP, you will demonstrate this by providing expertise and using experiences in the following areas: - Business Knowledge: Ensure depth of understanding of organizations supported, including key business functions and processes. - Organizational Development: Support and work with business teams and functions to understand current and future business goals and trends that may impact work force needs and initiative. Actively engage with business leaders on people strategy and effectively delivering strategy through workforce planning and organization design and structure. - Culture: Develop knowledge and skills to be able to reinforce the Apple culture with leaders and employees. Partner with Apple University and business leaders to develop programs and initiatives which help educate and reinforce Apple culture with teams. - Employee Relations: Expertly guides and advises managers and employees on all aspects of employee-related issues, including manager/employee issues, policies & procedures, misconduct, investigations, terminations, review of appealed terminations, reorganizations, EEOC claims, etc. - Talent & Performance Management: Partner with leadership to design and deliver appropriate talent planing activities that will identify talent, leadership development priorities, and succession plans. Focus efforts on personal development needs, and promote a learning environment which supports on-the-job opportunities within the teams, and internally across the company. Demonstrate coaching skills to assist employees and managers through development and performance matters. - Compensation & Benefits: Advise and support line management on local and global compensation and benefits initiatives. Competence in interpreting internal compensation framework and external market survey data. Identifying emerging trends. Partner with management and Benefits to assist with the management of leaves, disabilities, and Worker's Compensation. - Special Projects: Develop and work on special and cross-functional projects as needed. Examples include Division HR project, site specific (Austin, Sacramento, Cupertino) projects and global projects. - Staffing: Act as liaison between site Staffing function and line organizations. Participate in interview process for management and key hires. - Training: Understand the training/development needs of organization and act as liaison with Corporate Training to deliver or secure appropriate training to the organization. Author and deliver curriculum for site- and division-specific brown bags and training. - HR Metrics: Track and report staffing, retention, attrition, and other necessary data to line management; recommend programs and/or enhancements as necessary.
Education & Experience
Requires a BA/BS. Advanced degree in Organizational Development or similar degree is preferred
Back to top