PD CAD Engineer
- San Diego, CA
Posted: Apr 24, 2020
Role Number: 200157742
Do you love building elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you'll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You'll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and authoritatively handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you'll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple's devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. We are looking for strong engineers to join our CAD team. In this role, you will be working on physical design methodology and flow development for a wide range of SOCs used across Apple's world-class devices.
- Typically requires 5+ years of experience in CAD flow development
- Proficiency with Tcl or Perl scripting languages, Python or C++ is considered a plus
- Experience with CAD tool development
- Experience with PNR flow development on modern PNR tools
- Experience in one or more aspects of PD - timing, noise, physical verification,EM/IR/IVD.
- Experience using or supporting sign-off tools for design closure.
- Experience with Version Control Systems and Makefiles is a plus
You will utilize your hand-on skills developing, improving and supporting the implementation flow from RTL through GDS sign-off. Primary responsibilities will include: - Developing and supporting the implementation flow - Developing and maintaining custom CAD tools for implementation and signoff - Collaborating with other tools like PDV, IR, extraction and timing - Working with other CAD engineers to lead development and support efforts. - Adding features for PNR PPA and TAT improvement - Working with vendors to resolve tool issues
Education & Experience
MS/BS Degree in technical discipline.
Back to top