Panel Process Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Apr 25, 2020
Role Number: 200011931
Apple is looking for a Panel Process and Integration Engineer to develop novel process and innovative designs for the panel displays to be adopted in award-winning Apple products. This is an excellent opportunity to work at the forefront of display panel development from an exemplary company which continuously strives for the cutting edge of innovation. As a team, we will have the opportunity to develop new display panels from the proof-of-concept stage to mass production. You will be collaborating with highly talented multi-functional teams and leading supplier partners. You will play a key part in providing Apple customers with the best user-experience in the industry by driving the development and deployment of next-generation display technologies. The Display engineering team features a team oriented environment with creative, smart people and state of the art technologies. Engineering excellence is expected and inspired. Are you ready to join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet?
- Strong engineering or science background Self-motivated with hands-on engineering skills
- Consistent track record in collaborative working environment Required 3+ years of display or relevant industry experience
- Professional level of verbal and written English; excellent communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
- Preferred 5+ years of experience in flat panel display (LCD or OLED) development and/or process integration in high volume manufacturing environment
- Experience in measurement and characterization of TFT device IV and CV In-depth knowledge of TFT device physics and its electrical function as a part of optical operation of displays
- Ability to perform failure analysis and develop corrective actions by understanding display module level requirements and resolving them to specifications
As a Panel Process Engineer, your primary duties will include: - Develop novel process technology to integrate new materials processes for advanced display panels, from the conceptual stage to mass production. - Drive the new process development to optimize the performance of flat panel displays. - Serve as a focal point in TFT process design, specification development and execution. - Lead technical relationships with display component suppliers to develop new technologies with required specifications and schedule. - Perform failure analysis by closely collaborating with internalmulti-functionall teams and outside suppliers to draw corrective actions. - Drive display suppliers to establish solid process baseline, optimize process windows, and build stable manufacturing infrastructure. Measure and validate the characteristics of various new materials and chemicals.
Education & Experience
BS, Physics/Chemistry/EE/CE/MSE or equivalent + minimum 5 years' experience MS/Ph.D., Physics/Chemistry/EE/CE/MSE or equivalent + minimum 3 years' experience. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Back to top