Panel Optical Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jul 7, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200103769
Apple is looking for a Panel Optical Engineer to lead the development of new display technologies that will be used in award-winning Apple products. This individual will serve and a key point to enable innovative concepts and architectures for better display optical performance.
- Hands-on experience and proven track of record in optical design, development, prototyping and technical investigation of display technologies.
- In-depth understanding of OLED display technology and related optical performance trade-offs, including optical design, display contrast, viewing angle performance, color and white point management, visual performance and artifacts, and related characterization metrics.
- On record experience with OLED device level optical studies and optimizations. Device simulation experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proactive attitude and team-working spirit.
- Investigate advanced display technologies. Analyze the trade-offs between design, process, optical performance, and implementation feasibility. - Conduct in-depth failure analysis to identify critical parameters and propose solution promptly - Work with cross-functional team on the display architecture, prototyping and system integration. Solve critical issues. - Conduct competitive study on display optical design and performance.
Education & Experience
Normally requires Ph.D. or M.S. degree in Physics, Optics, Material Science or EE, plus minimum 3 years work experience
Back to top