Panel Design Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Mar 13, 2020
Role Number: 200011926
Apple is looking for a best-in-class Thin Film Transistor (TFT) panel design engineer to design, develop and launch the next TFT technologies for Apple's displays. The TFT panel design team is responsible for delivering the advanced TFT panel designs and technologies to enable the world's best display performance in Apple Products. You will serve as a focal point in crafting and developing the total TFT pixel and panel designs. This includes TFT device modeling, simulation, integrated circuit-on-glass design, panel architecture, and whole panel function simulation. You will play a key part in providing Apple customers with the best user-experience in the industry by driving the development and deployment of next-generation display technologies. The Display engineering team features a team oriented environment with creative, smart people and state of the art technologies. Engineering excellence is expected and inspired. Are you ready to join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet?
- Hands-on experience, in-depth technical knowledge, and consistent track record in the design and development for displays or related electronics.
- Understand the basic TFT and panel process is a requirement. Ability to perform computer modeling and simulation with SPICE Experience in measuring and characterizing IV and CV of TFT devices.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills are required.
- Top notch critical thinking and analytical skill capabilities.
- React to re-sets and changes in a dynamic environment and meticulous attention to detail.
- Successfully work in a highly multi-functional dynamic environment.
- Handle multi-tasking operations and deliver on tight schedules.
- Develop, craft, and manufacture high volume display products.
- Characterize panel optical and electrical performance.
- Experience in gate and column driver IC designs.
- Drive TFT panel architecture scoping and definition TFT device design, modeling, simulation and characteristics measurement pixel and panel design, layout and parasitic parameter extraction TFT pixel and panel modeling, characterization, and validation. - Lead on-glass integrated circuit design, simulation and validation failure mode analysis, root cause investigation, and problem solving new TFT technologies exploration, investigation, and validation. - Travel internationally up to 25% to support project implementation. - Engage and collaborate with multi-functional teams, including TFT process, Display Optics, Touch EE, Display EE, and Mechanical Engineering - Collaborate with external vendors for display manufacturing. Are you interested? If so, please apply today.
Education & Experience
PhD or MS in Electrical Engineering Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment & advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Back to top