OTA/RF Systems Engineer - Connectivity
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 23, 2020
Role Number: 200201815
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every day. Apple OTA System Engineering team is looking for a wireless system engineer to work on radiated system characterization across different connectivity (WLAN/ BT / GPS) technologies for Apple's wireless products
- You have working experience with antenna design/tests, antenna and wave propagation, anechoic chambers and radiation performance evaluation like TRP & TIS.
- Working experience with different lab equipment: network analyzers, signal generators, signal analyzers, call boxes (i.e. CMW), channel emulators.
- Deep understanding of at least one wireless technology including 802.11, Bluetooth, GNSS or 802.11ad
- Understanding of PHY Layer and MAC/application layer for WLAN/BT is helpful and experience in debugging throughput issues is a plus.
- Proficiency at Matlab simulations, programming / scripting skills is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills required, both written & verbal
You will create and execute detailed test plans for antenna performance evaluation, provide feedback to the design engineers for performance optimization, create test reports, and lead the radiated tests for type approval and certification. Also, you will create test plans to qualify and quantify different modulation schemes as required depending on the wireless communication system being designed. You will be studying new system level features and working closely with HW and antenna engineers to come up with comprehensive test strategies to evaluate them. You will also be making recommendations to cross-functional teams on resolving wireless system issues including but not limiting to baseband algorithms and RF/Antenna systems You will work with vendors, technology suppliers and cross-functional staff to optimize End-to-End Throughput performance (Rate over Range).
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree with 4 + years' experience required Masters Degree with 2+ years' experience preferred.
Back to top