OTA Standards Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 7, 2020
Role Number: 200196130
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every day. Apple Wireless Systems & Compliance Engineering team is looking for individuals who would represent Apple Inc. at global standardization bodies like 3GPP RAN5 and CTIA to drive technical discussions on matters of OTA testing.
- Must have understanding of standards related to carrier/industry conformance radiated performance requirements. Excellent understanding of requirements from organizations like 3GPP, PTCRB, CTIA, ETSI, etc. is required.
- Must have working experience with different lab equipment/chambers: Anechoic chambers, network analyzers, signal generators, signal analyzers, call boxes (i.e. CMW/CMX/UXM).
- Must have experience with different wireless communication systems such as LTE/NR FR1/NR FR2, etc. including the corresponding technical specifications (e.g. TS 38.521-1, 38.521-2, 38.521-3,...)
- Must have excellent communication skills; written & verbal.
- Experience with antenna tests, antenna and wave propagation, CATRs, and radiation performance evaluation like EIRP, TRP, Spherical Coverage is a plus.
- Background in participating in different standardization activities on wireless is a plus
You will participate in 3GPP/CTIA standards meetings and drive the standardization activities based on Apple roadmap & technical interest. You will be responsible to provide the technical updates to internal wireless teams to guide current and future wireless design. You will work with cross-functional teams to get feedback for tracking certification requirements. You will help create test plans to evaluate certification requirements for type approval and certification.
Education & Experience
Masters with a minimum of 4 years experience required. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top