Optics Design Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Apr 14, 2020
Role Number: 200165389
The display technology team features a collaborative environment with creative and world-class products and cutting edge technologies. Team provides opportunities for individuals to contribute across a wide spectrum of disciplines. Best in class engineering excellence and thoroughness are expected and encouraged. Innovation, IP and patent creation are highly supported and valued. Opening up the boundaries to design and ship innovative products with outstanding technologies and user experiences are the main goals of our team. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet. To be successful, you should be able to thrive in a dynamic, agile, multi-disciplinary, and hands-on environment that values engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- Proficient in one or more optical modeling tools (sequential & non-sequential): Zemax, LightTools, Code V, and etc.
- Familiar with optical and imaging science, including lens selection, image sensor selection, illumination design, color & spectral characteristics.
- Familiar with optical metrology tools for imaging quality assessment, sensor evaluation, optical system calibration
- Programming skills is a plus in one or more of the following: OpenCV/MATLAB/Python/C++
- Knowledge of imaging sensor, pipeline, and imaging process is a plus
- Knowledge of photonics devices (LED, lasers, optical sensing, optical modulation, and etc.) is a plus
- Knowledge of coherent optical metrology systems is a plus
- Self-motivated, responsible, excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
You will be responsible for the instrument and camera design to carry out calibration and performance validation of Apple display products. You will work on the instrument development, validation and production deployment during new product introduction (NPI) stage, with the support from SW/HW cross-functional teams. - Scope and define optical instrumentation for display calibration and metrology stations during NPI - Modeling of optical instruments & cameras' performances and specifications - Work with optical instrument vendors to select, customize, improve, and/or design optical metrology instruments - Lead design review, specify and qualify optical metrology instruments, from component to system level - Deploy and verify instrument's performances and specifications throughout the NPI cycle in factory, together with station engineers
Education & Experience
- MS/PhD in Physics/Optics/Color Science
Back to top