Optical Sensing HW - Optical Sensing HW Engineer (ALS)
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jun 23, 2021
Role Number: 200145382
Design, develop, and launch next-generation optical-sensing technologies. Bring devices to life and enable them interact with users and the environment in ways never imagined before. The optical sensing team integrates optical sensors across a variety of Apple products such as iPhones, iPads and Macs. The optical sensing team is looking for someone who is a self-driven go- getter. Strong experience with optics, optical system design, and detectors is required. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet.
- Strong background in optical design
- Experience with optical lab equipment (microscopes, spectrometers, detector, etc.) and experiments
- Basic knowledge in Electrical Engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Optical simulation experience is a plus
- Experience supporting volume manufacturing is a plus, such as failure analysis, statistics, etc.
You will be developing and validating optical sensors. You will be expected to Analyze data to draw conclusions, enhance product design/manufacturability, and drive failure analysis. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Optical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Reliability Engineering and Process Engineering to deliver state-of-the-art sensing solutions. Product simulation and data analysis using a variety of software tools to support engineering validation and characterization, such as Matlab, Python, JMP, etc. Failure mode analysis, root-cause diagnosis, and system-level problem solving. up to 10% travel required
Education & Experience
Degree in Optics, Physics or equivalent. B.S./M.S. with 5+ years industry experience, or Ph.D.
Back to top