Optical Sensing HW - ASIC Architect (EE)
Posted: Feb 15, 2020
Role Number: 200006824
Design, develop, launch next-generation Optical Sensing Technologies in Apple products. The Optical Sensing Hardware team develops Optical Sensor solutions and technologies for Apple's products, including the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, audio accessory, Mac and more. The key goal of the Optical Sensing Hardware team is to enable the world's best user-experience. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. We are looking for Sensor ASIC Architects to help develop custom mixed signal IC's for new Sensors and Sensing Systems for future Apple products.
- Strong electrical engineering background and hands-on experience in electrical design, with analog/mixed signal IC design experience and ideally also with board-level circuits and integration of custom IC's into systems
- A track record of successful IC architecture - beyond block-level design of specific on-chip functions
- Fundamental understanding of limitations and trade-offs of electrical circuits and semiconductor processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as solid teamwork and leadership skills
- Proficiency in MATLAB, SPICE, or similar simulation and modeling tools
- Experience in opto-electronics and optics a plus
Conduct sensing system feasibility studies and system modeling Proto-type for proof of concept and function demonstration Architect and define electrical interface for sensing systems Define custom IC requirements, IC architecture, including detailed block diagrams and specifications. Determine verification plans, review IC design and development process with IC vendors Support development of test plan, system bring-up, characterization, and validation Coordinate and communicate cross-functional activities to ensure hardware is properly interfaced with firmware and other system modules Prepare and deliver executive presentations to clearly communicate technical status, risks, and mitigation strategies
Education & Experience
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or Physics plus a minimum of 3 years experience M.S. in Electrical Engineering plus a minimum of 5 years experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top