- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 29, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200203584
Apple is looking for a hardworking engineer to design and develop innovative displays and optical devices. Come and join us to make a dent in the universe.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong engineering background in classical linear optics including wave optics (diffraction, interference, scattering), geometric optics, and/or polarization optics.
- Strong capability in mathematical modeling for simulation studies to design optical devices and to solve optical problems.
- Proficiency in certain computer language (like one or more from Matlab, Mathematica, C/C++, Fortran, Python, etc) for simulations and modeling. Experience in commercial tools of optical simulations is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Hands-on experience in prototyping, and optical system design.
- Understandings in the basics of optical measurements and equipments.
- Creative/analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
This position is focusing on the development, prototyping, and flawless execution of technologies to enable the best front-of-screen user experience of current and future Apple products. The team features a reciprocal and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation in the interdisciplinary areas of optics, device fabrication, LCD, OLED, LED, circuit driving, image process, color and vision science.
Education & Experience
- PhD or Master degree in Optical Science/Engineering, or related fields - Bachelor degree in Optical Science/Engineering + 3 years or longer experience in optical science/engineering at industries or academic institutes.
Back to top