Optical Device Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Mar 3, 2020
Role Number: 200139884
Apple is looking for an Optical Device Engineer to provide technical leadership in the development of innovative display technologies. This role mixes individual technical contributions to solve critical path problems with substantial opportunities to define near-and longer-term project / technology direction.
- At least 5 years of relevant hands-on experience in optoelectronic device design, development, and prototyping.
- Strong background in optical modeling including FDTD, ray tracing, and analytical calculations coupled with hands-on lab/experiment skills
- Deep understanding of III-V optical device physics and materials.
- Excellent critical analysis and logic/reasoning skills.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, with proven ability to work effectively with stakeholders across multiple functions.
• Conceive and investigate innovative device design solutions/improvements to meet performance targets. • Work with cross-functional team to build sophisticated optical models and validate them against prototypes. • Analyze the trade-offs between design, process, optical performance, and implementation feasibility. • Recommend and be responsible for technical path selection and implementation. • Work with internal and external partners to improve quality and speed of learning cycles.
Education & Experience
Normally requires Ph.D. degree in Physics, Optics, Material Science or EE. Industry experience, including new product introduction, preferred.
Back to top