Operations Test Engineer
- Austin, TX
Posted: Dec 9, 2020
Role Number: 200191533
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just build products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. With the dramatic growth of Apple's business we are creating new opportunities for individuals to work on the most exciting new products at Apple. The Operations Test Engineering team is seeking for an individual with strong technical and interpersonal skills with a focus on test engineering. You will have an active engagement with the Hardware Design, Software Design and Operations teams in Apple.
- 5+ years of technical working experience in high volume manufacturing of consumer electronics.
- Excellent understanding of electronic product manufacturing, assembly and test processes, and hands on experience with failure analysis.
- Knowledgeable in production control processes, data analysis/interpretation, GR&R, Cp/Cpk and correlation analysis.
- Demonstrated experience with Python, C/C++.
- Excellent communication skills with proficiency in oral/written English.
- Shown ability to work independently under high pressure and comfortable working in dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel to the worldwide manufacturing sites to work face to face with the local Test Engineering teams at key points in the product development cycle.
You will work closely with the Hardware and Software design teams to ensure the test equipment / processes required for the New Products meet the standards expected in a high volume manufacturing environment. Comprehensively understand and demonstrate the Return on Investment analysis for test engineering investments. Provide technical / product expertise to the regional test teams to ensure their readiness for the new products and in resolving any Test Engineering related issues through the life of the product. Work closely with your peers in the other product areas to ensure we have the most optimal test processes across all products / sites. You will conduct detailed failure analysis and drive issue resolutions as well as close potential test gaps and correlations issues throughout the supply and manufacturing chains Drive to closure potential test gaps and correlations issues between our vendors and manufacturing processes. You will prepare and present concise Test Engineering program status updates to the Exec team on a weekly basis.
Education & Experience
BS in ME, CE, CS or EE. MS preferred.
Back to top