Operations Test Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 10, 2020
Role Number: 200175372
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just build products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. Job Summary With the dramatic growth of Apple's business, we are creating new opportunities for individuals to work on the most exciting new products at Apple. The Operations Test Engineering team is seeking for an individual with strong technical and interpersonal skills with a focus on test engineering for our Audio and Home Product test line. You will have an active engagement with the Hardware, Software and Operations organizations to drive efficient and effective test plans and processes that translate into lower cost of test by providing innovative solution and ideas.
- 5+ years of technical working experience in high volume manufacturing of consumer electronics.
- Excellent understanding of electronic product manufacturing, assembly and test processes, and hands on experience with failure analysis.
- Knowledgeable in production control processes, data analysis/interpretation, GR&R, Cp/Cpk and correlation analysis.
- Experience with Python, C/C++ is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with proficiency in oral/written English.
- Shown ability to work independently under high pressure and comfortable working in dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel to the worldwide manufacturing sites to work face to face with the local Test Engineering teams at key points in the product development cycle.
Collaborate with Hardware Test Engineering, Product Design, Engineering Program Management, NPI/NPO, GSM, Business Operations and CapEx Develop and implement You will collaborate with Hardware Test Engineering, Product Design, Engineering Program Management, NPI/NPO, GSM, and CapEx teams to develop and implement advantaged test plans and processes from concept and through engineering builds to product ramp. Understand test methodologies and why certain test are in place, challenge the status quo, develop innovative solutions and ideas that will improve the process and cost. Dive into the details of the design, test methodologies, ERS and tester vendors in order to offer alternatives. Drive tester optimization base on Return on Investment and data analysis of high volume manufacturing production line. Provide technical / product expertise to the regional test teams to ensure their readiness for the new products and in resolving any Test Engineering related issues through the life of the product. Work closely with your peers in the other product areas to ensure we have the most optimal test processes across all products / sites. Drive to closure potential test gaps and correlations issues between our vendors and manufacturing processes. You will prepare and present concise Test Engineering program status updates to the Exec team on a weekly basis.
Education & Experience
BS in ME, CE, CS or EE. MS preferred.
Back to top