Operating System Silicon Validation Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 26, 2020
Role Number: 200188427
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. As a member of the Apple SOC Silicon Validation Team you will use your knowledge of SOC/IP design and test automation to find silicon bugs with iOS and other silicon validation workloads on a large population of development boards, silicon validation boards, and prototype Apple products.
- Strong Computer systems, SoC and CPU architecture knowledge
- Experience in test content creation and automation infrastructure development for consumer electronic hardware (watch, phone, pads, computers)
- OS test experience, iOS/macOS/Android/Windows
- Expertise in at least one scripting language such as Python, Perl, or TCL
- Desire to develop and execute test plans, analyze test logs/results, and report status
- ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- SoC validation experience
- Operating system, boot loader, kernel and device driver structure
- Debug methodology and solving problems on development hardware
Our team uses automation to run varied hardware stress tests on prototype devices while contributing to test automation development that supports the test creation, execution, and result reporting for silicon validation. This team also follows up on software and hardware failures using the bug tracking system, supporting requests for information or custom experiments to find root-cause. Additionally, we build new hardware stress tests by combining, modifying or crafting new workloads, using your software and chip architecture knowledge.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
Back to top