Online Retail Demand & Capacity Planner
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 8, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200185664
The people here at Apple don't just build products - we craft the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here at Apple. New insights have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring your passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Be a key player in our e-commerce revolution. Get ready for your perfect job, one that requires you to think and execute strategically, yet stay connected to our customers. Be a critical advocate for our customers and of Apple Retail. We are looking for a strong individual contributor to own and drive Retail Contact Center demand & capacity planning, with proven strategic and tactical experience in leading sophisticated forecasting and operational processes. This role requires an individual with a passion for analytics and continuous operational process development. The successful candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and be motivated by a fast-paced environment and thinking big & diving deep. This is a high-impact role offering an opportunity to drive and influence mission-critical decisions impacting the immediate and long-term view of the business, advising the leadership across Retail Online, Retail Finance and Retail Contact Center organizations.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in demand planning, capacity planning, forecasting, modeling, and/or supply chain planning.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and drive conclusions on large amounts of data.
- Deep understanding of statistical modeling techniques.
- An affinity to "talking with numbers"; inherent aptitude to quantify and support conclusions with data.
- Excellent written composition and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work in a highly cross-functional environment.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience communicating with partners across multiple business units and senior management.
- Strong expertise in statistical models and measurement techniques (e.g. Generalized Linear Models, Time series analysis, Forecasting) a plus.
- Experience with advanced Excel, Tableau, R, VBA Scripting, Python, SQL a plus.
- Lead strategic and immediate planning for one of the key media categories. - Effectively derive variable staffing recommendations for Retail's Contact Center resources. - Deliver WW RCC staffing plans recommendations across all sites and OSVs, with a range of scenarios that highlight risk, financial impact and the customer experience trade-off. - Develop forecasting methodologies/models that evolve with business intricacies. - Facilitate impactful discussions with RCC partner teams to ensure a smooth execution against the final staffing plan. - Provide solutions and define strategies & plans to proactively address emerging issues and opportunities. - Partner with leadership to develop contingency plans when forecast assumptions differ from plan.
Education & Experience
BA/BS required, Computer related degree preferred. MBA is a plus.
Back to top