NoSQL Engineer, Apple Pay
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 27, 2019
Role Number: 200095293
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Pay Engineering is looking for a passionate NoSQL Engineer to help lead and grow our large scale environments. This team is responsible for providing new architectures and scalability solutions for our ever growing business and data processing needs. Do you like the idea of running critical financial services that are used by millions of passionate people all over the world? Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you want to help change how the world uses their wallet and money? If you love to solve internet scale challenges on critical financial systems then this is the right job for you.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Ability to configure and tune Cassandra, Solr, and Elastic, Memcached and Redis clusters
- Developing and debugging using Cassandra, Elastic, and Solr
- Core experience in database automation using Python, Chef, Ansible
- Develop automation code using Chef/Ansible for deploy data-Services clusters to multiple Datacenters
- Experience with the implementation of security controls
- Experience with JVM tuning and performance
- Experience with development using Cassandra Java driver
- In depth knowledge of Cassandra data model design and implementation.
- Experience developing monitoring and automation solutions for production systems
- Experience building, scaling, and maintaining high volume systems in production
- Excellent debugging, system analysis, and interpersonal skills
- Computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Strong skills with Linux operating systems running in production
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Self-directed fast learner who is generous with their knowledge.
This position requires a highly motivated individual who likes large scale challenges in a fast paced environment. The successful candidate has the ability to think out of the box and come up with innovative solutions or architectures to meet business requirements. This role requires the ability to work independently on live production systems while collaborating with multiple teams. This will require managing large scale data, automation, and replication as a service across different data stores and apps for Apple's critical global financial services.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent
Back to top