NLP ML Engineer, Proactive Intelligence
Posted: Sep 13, 2019
Role Number: 200093652
Have you booked a flight and it was magically added to your calendar? Made dinner plans in Messages and got a suggestion to turn on Do Not Disturb before the event? Siri is just beginning to add intelligence across our platforms and we need your help. You will build intelligent features, making the system faster and smarter, while respecting user privacy. Your ideas will impact hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
- Experience building large scale applications related to Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning
- In-depth knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms for classification, regression, or ranking problems
- Experience with deep learning and neural networks
- Experience writing code for large-scale consumer facing software
- You will excel at taking end-to-end ownership over a problem, from design to engineering execution
- Your communication and presentation skills will be important with our team.
We are a growing, hardworking, and motivated team focused on developing natural language-driven features that accelerate the user experience and then scaling them to all the languages that Apple serves. We work on challenging problems in areas related to information extraction from structured and unstructured text, with a particular focus on international and natural language understanding. We will consider candidates with extraordinary track records in these areas, as well as candidates who are early in their careers and exhibit strong potential for growth. You'll ship code that runs on the devices you use every day and powers products that enhance the lives of millions of users. You'll commit code on your second day. To succeed in this role, you have strong fundamentals in computer science, NLP and Machine Learning. You are a creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment, working across teams and organizations. You love building elegant user experiences, tackling impossible problems, and you have a passion for the customer experience. You enjoy learning new things and creating life-changing applications. You will apply your knowledge of NLP algorithms and ML for development of key features. You possess strong skills in object-oriented software design and programming. You are excited about developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design.
Education & Experience
- You will have strong computer science fundamentals required - no matter how you got them - M.S in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Desired (but not required) experience/skills:
- - Understanding of the computational trade-offs of different machine learning models
- - Experience in compiled languages C, C++, Objective-C, or Swift is a plus
- - Experience working with large, real-world datasets
Back to top